Applications are now closed for 2019! To be notified when applications open for 2020, email:
- Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
University of Toronto
Department of Physics
60 St George Street
Toronto ON M5S 1A7
This one day event is aimed at Toronto high-school students planning to write the Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) Prize examination (see https://www.cap.ca/programs/medals-and-awards/prizes-students/cegep-prize-exam/CAP-high-school-cegep-prize-exam/ ) on April 9, 2019.
The workshop will begin with a discussion of exam-writing strategies. Students will then divide into small groups to discuss practice question (including from past exams), with guidance from Physics faculty members and undergraduate students. A practice exam and plans for follow up activities are planned for the afternoon.
The goal of the event is to have the students who participate leave feeling more confident with physics and test taking in general.
- Who is Eligible: High School Students in Grades 10, 11, 12
- Deadline: Applications should be received by Feb 28, 2019 . Places are limited.
- How much does it cost? Free.
- Will lunch be provided? Yes, a pizza lunch will be provided.
Questions? contact: firstname.lastname@example.org