The Physics Machine Shop is open. We will do our best to assist you with your project however your safety and the safety of our staff are our primary concern. As you might expect this has resulted in changes to how to access the facility. The full reopening document is available below but here is a summary. Please assist us by observing the following:
- In order to limit the number of people in the shop and maintain distancing, we encourage everyone to use our new reservation to book shop time. This is linked below.
- Please give careful thought as to whether a face-to-face meeting is required
- Drawings, paperwork may be submitted electronically by email to Paul Woitalla.
- Material, samples, etc. may be left at the Machine Shop entrance.
- Meetings can be held by phone, email or using Teams or Zoom.
- Machine Shop staff will contact you to make arrangements for picking up completed work.
- We encourage everyone to use the reservation system to schedule a meeting or Student Workshop time (linked below).
- If you decide to visit the shop without an appointment and it is at capacity or the staff are otherwise engaged you will be asked to wait in the hallway or to return later.
- Protective eye wear is still required to be worn in the shop. You may also be asked to wear face masks when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- You will also be required to wash hands on entering and leaving the facility.
- Staff may provide further direction or instructions on accessing the facility.
- Regrettably we cannot offer Workshop training at this time as it would not be possible to properly supervise the student while maintaining distancing. However the Student Workshop is open to one qualified person at a time on a reserved basis. This can be booked through the reservation system or contacting Rolyn Benedicto directly.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about Machine Shop and Student Machine Shop Services please contact either Paul Woitalla, Peter Hurley or David Rogerson.